Recently I received one of two pillows I ordered in hopes of finally ending the torment that hopefully won’t become The Great Pillow Saga of 2016. The ANS Adjustable Neck Support Pillow, to be exact. I found it on Amazon.com and received it very quickly, and after a night of sleeping on it I can safely say, “so far so good!”
Adjustable Neck Support (ANS) Pillow
This is what Amazon says about the Adjustable Neck Support (ANS) Pillow:
- The ANS Pillow is a fully adjustable sleeping pillow for back, side, or stomach sleeper
- The patented adjustable neck roll and side compartments allow you to custom fit your neck support. The zipper at the bottom of the pouch allows further adjustments for your firmness desire
- Best Cervical Pillow in promoting proper body alignment and support for neck and shoulder pain relief – 30 Nights Satisfaction Guaranteed
- 100% Machine Washable, Hypoallergenic & Dust Mite Resistance
- 5 Year Limited Warranty, Queen size: 17.5″x 26″ x 3″
The first thing I noticed is there is very little odor from the filler. I’m highly sensitive to scents due to sensory issues, and even though this pillow is made of shredded memory foam I was able to use it within minutes of opening the package. Pretty much every other memory foam item I’ve purchased had to air out for days before I could be near without issue, including my current mattress. So for me this is huge!
Another feature I really like is the shredded foam fill! I’ve used several memory foam pillows over the years and they’re always molded and firm and surprisingly unforgiving. This shredded aspect makes the pillow feel like it’s stuffed with down, but without all of those pesky feathers stabbing you out of nowhere!
I’ve been playing around with the adjustable sections all day, and I probably will be doing so for quite a while until it’s just right, but I absolutely LOVE that it will stay just right once I get it there! I do need to check and see if it comes in a firmer model, because I’m not sure this one has quite enough filling for my taste, but maybe I just need to fluff it up some more.
I can’t really fairly give much more of a review, because I’m still skeptical of the claim that it is easily washed and dried in standard household appliances, having destroyed every pillow I’ve ever owned by following its washing instructions. I’ll believe that when I see it. So after sleeping on it for a while, and putting it through a wash/dry, I’ll have more to say, but I’m definitely impressed so far!